Plastic plumbing

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 19, 2014 at 07:21
ThreadID: 129427 Views:3293 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have just dried the BT out for the third time this year having had 2 plastic joiners crack open, I suspect they were tightened too much when originally installed, now have had a hose pop out of the tank no 4 valve. All these have happened when on mains water but thats not the point. Has anyone come up with better fittings, it seems the new BT are made with 12mm system whereas mine is a 2009 model and is 10 mm.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Hob - Tuesday, Aug 19, 2014 at 17:16

Tuesday, Aug 19, 2014 at 17:16
I assume that you have the pressure relief valve in the line. I had to replace mine as it got totally jammed shut when frozen one -9 night in Canberra.

I thought though that the pressure relief valve was standard (mine is nov 2008)

The only problem I have had is rocks shattering the fitting coming out of the no4 tank.
Replaced twice before I put some plate over the area to protect the rear tank fittings.
I believe I had problem with rocks coming off the inside of the van tyres.

Alan
AnswerID: 587729

Reply By: PJ - Tuesday, Aug 19, 2014 at 23:18

Tuesday, Aug 19, 2014 at 23:18
Thanks Alan, i cant see a pressure valve but have now put an inline one on. The local caravan man also suggested I put plastic inserts into the pipe to stop it collapsing. Have now replaced valve and troublesome pipe and hopefully that is fixed, i just worry now which one will let go next.
AnswerID: 587730

Reply By: Spydor - Wednesday, Aug 20, 2014 at 02:02

Wednesday, Aug 20, 2014 at 02:02
Hi PJ
We have a 2001 B/T and have never had a problem !!!! The pressure valve (reducer) should be part of the through wall fitting that your town water hose attaches to. If this component is not doing it's job, you could well be getting too much pressure via the internal hoses "etc". However, if you have fitted another inline pressure reducer. You should have no more problems.
Cheers
Spydor & Robyn
Spydor
Everybody makes me happy! Some when they arrive, Some when they leave !!

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 587731

Our Sponsors