Good Service

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 02, 2014 at 05:45
ThreadID: 129454 Views:7130 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All, Like to report good and honest service of our 20th Bushtracker suspension and brakes by Brendan at Absolute Trailer Solutions based in Warwick, QLD.
They are the Simplicity Distributors. 07 4661 5966.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tracks n About - Tuesday, Sep 02, 2014 at 17:58

Tuesday, Sep 02, 2014 at 17:58
G'day, I also went to Brendan a couple of years ago and had the same experience. At that stage he was hoping to get the contract to build the chassis for the Bushtrackers.
What I really liked was that he advised me of what needed doing before he went ahead. Last service I had done at BTi just about broke the bank. Nearly $200 to replace the brake away switch on the draw bar. Same thing had happened before,so before it went in last time I jacked the van up and checked it and found it was working fine. But they still replaced it, insisting it was faulty. Will be driving to Warwick for the next service.
Lawrie.
AnswerID: 587789

Follow Up By: mattkurvink - Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 01:08

Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 01:08
Hello Lawrie,

Please see below a reply to your comments from Peter Thomson at Bushtracker.

Regards,

Matt
Bushtracker
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Greetings,

I have noted the dissatisfaction in this post and I would like to offer an explanation of what probably happened. As part of our service we jack up the van and test the brakes with a Tekonsha P3 brake Controller which is part of our electrical test jig.

We then pull the Brakeaway pin to test the functionality of the switch. Part of the test is a visual examination of the cable that anchors the pin to the tow vehicle and if there is any doubt over its condition, duty of care dictates that we replace the switch. No ifs or buts.

We do not replace switches that function correctly or have no physical damage.

Incidentally the cost of replacement is $115.00 including labour, not the amounts as quoted above.

A quick perusal of the Bushtracker Forum will throw up many accolades as to our service and honesty in dealing with repairs and general service work.

We take exception to accusations to the contrary and would welcome discussions on a face to face basis with any Bushtracker owners who feel that they have been dealt with unfairly.

Kind regards,

Peter Thomson
Bushtracker
Bushtracker

Business Member
My Profile

FollowupID: 856025

Follow Up By: braggy - Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 02:35

Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 02:35
If it was only the cable, why not just change the cable, whole lot cheaper

Fastway cable

Site Link
FollowupID: 856026

Follow Up By: mattkurvink - Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 17:43

Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014 at 17:43
Unfortunately in the past we have been unable to buy just the cable, they only came as a complete unit. The additional cost charged over the unit price was the labour to swap. This option would certainly save some money if it was just the cable damaged.
Bushtracker

Business Member
My Profile

FollowupID: 856027

Reply By: braggy - Saturday, Sep 06, 2014 at 01:20

Saturday, Sep 06, 2014 at 01:20
Couldn't agree more about how good the service at ATS was when our near new suspension crapped itself.
Brendan was super helpfull to get it sorted and back on the road,as opposed to the BT assembly shop who had a 3000km away diagnosis as to why it wasn't their problem
I wouldn't go anywhere but ATS, site sponsor and all

No association, just credit given when credit deserved

Cheers Ken
AnswerID: 587790

Reply By: Tracks n About - Thursday, Sep 11, 2014 at 00:20

Thursday, Sep 11, 2014 at 00:20
G'day Matt & Peter, Yes I did take a very poor option to put my only perceived bad experience on an Open Forum. For over 11 years now all you blokes at BTi have provided me with great service and have been more than helpful whenever I've called in or rang up. Particularly if away on a trip, even to sending me a loan charger to Weipa when we did our Cape York trip and had a problem in 2007.
You have no doubt seen my other posts here giving BTi plenty of accolades, so I'm hoping my one Senior moment doesn't stuff up our good relationship. As you said Peter, these things are far better discussed face to face. So if I'm still welcome at the factory, next time I drop in maybe we could sort out exactly what I did pay for that damm breakaway switch rather than " take another poor option " and continue on here.
Regards,
Lawrie.
AnswerID: 587791

Reply By: Bella Toota - Thursday, Sep 11, 2014 at 01:47

Thursday, Sep 11, 2014 at 01:47
Hello All. I am not sure what I unintentionally started. However I would like to state my position.
We have and continue to be very pleased with BT and their service. It was at a BT service that grooves in the brake plate were pointed out to me and said to be safe. It was also said that it was cheaper to replace the whole brake rather than rectify with components. We were in Warwick and as about 20,000ks had rolled on asked ATS to check the brakes and release the rock tamer arms. They advised that the brakes were fully serviceable and it was not necessary to replace them. We were prepared to replace all 4 with new brakes so this was a big saving. It was for this reason that we felt ATS deserved some credit. We continue to be very pleased with our BT and will continue to have it serviced by BT who we have always found to be be very efficient ,helpful and courteous. DOC
AnswerID: 587792

Reply By: Sal and John - Tuesday, Oct 14, 2014 at 20:24

Tuesday, Oct 14, 2014 at 20:24
I guess what the thread indicates is that it is difficult to win all the time whether as an OEM or a customer.

For what it's worth, I deal regularly with a range of (in my view very good) OEMs. As they are aircraft folks, you really don't want to know the sorts of dollars involved - be thankful for little bills for caravans.

I've yet to spend money directly with BT but, so far, I am impressed out of my tiny little mind with the organisation's proactively helpful attitude. So far as customer costs are concerned, at the end of the day they have to cover their costs and consider corporate liability.

It always seems that a phone call to test the lie of the land before going into print aggressively is a sound SOP.
AnswerID: 587793

Our Sponsors