Soft floor patch

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 17, 2014 at 20:38
ThreadID: 129471 Views:3450 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had trouble with soft patches in their floor. We had one repaired by Bushtracker under warranty & now have another one adjacent to it. Their story was that it had probably been inferior ply used which they cannot tell initially. Any ideas? Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: braggy - Thursday, Sep 18, 2014 at 03:28

Thursday, Sep 18, 2014 at 03:28
Hi

Maybe have a look at thread 9158 (in owners forum),

Quite a few there with leaks and rotten floors, and a bit about faulty floor ply and sealing.
AnswerID: 587829

Reply By: col carpenter - Monday, Sep 29, 2014 at 17:12

Monday, Sep 29, 2014 at 17:12
Hello.

New here, I am looking at buying a used Bushtracker.

And seen one that seems to have had some floor replacement/work done around the door area, and tunnel boot openings

So I find this thread interesting, but because I'm not an owner I can't acess the infomation mentioned above, is there a way to find out more on this issue.

Col.
AnswerID: 587830

Follow Up By: Boystoy - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2014 at 03:45

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2014 at 03:45
Simple,

Buy a BT & join the BOG

Neil
A Bushtracker (or BT) is a "Boys Toy"

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 856040

Follow Up By: col carpenter - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2014 at 16:49

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2014 at 16:49
Thanks for the reply.

Some of the other owners forums will give temp access, so that you can research and make an educated decision for yourself.

In fact Australian Off Road factory site does as well, so you can see any issues, and what the response is from them. They don't seem to have anything to hide

The BT factory site is overly censored,but they are trying to sell a product.
And now this owners forum seems to want to keep any prepurchase useful info to them self,
Bit late to find out about things after you have bought it, and foolish to buy it without proper research.

Thanks again Col.

FollowupID: 856041

Reply By: Condinup - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2014 at 21:22

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2014 at 21:22
Hi Col,
I think it is more that its felt that there is proprietary info in the owners section. I don't think there is anything to bad to hide as such. There is also info that owners have put on in relation to camping sites etc that they feel should be keep to like minded owners. Their choice.
I'm sure that if you ask questions on any of the sites you will get helpful and maybe unhelpful info in return then its up to you to decide what to listen to.
I'm sure that as owners everyone has some issues with things at times and it is greatly dependant on use, maintenance and the quality of the product.
Most would believe that Bushtracker make a quality product and so the rest is up to the owner.
My opinion.

Re
Mg
AnswerID: 587831

Our Sponsors