Caravan Repairers Tamworth Area

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 14, 2015 at 06:14
ThreadID: 129652 Views:3233 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Folks can anyone help with recommendation for caravan repairer in Tamworth? I have suspected problem with pressure reducer valve. Tank very slow to fill and almost zero pressure from taps when connected to town supply. No problem with pressure to taps etc when drawing from tank using pump.
I have no experience removing or inspecting pressure reducer so thought best to get expert to check. BT is 7 months old so suspect some foreign matter may have been ingested during filling process. Regards John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Hob - Wednesday, Jan 14, 2015 at 18:45

Wednesday, Jan 14, 2015 at 18:45
I had a problem with ours after a -9 camp. Unfortunately I did not disconnect the water hose overnight and it all froze. Mine blocked up completely and even at normal temps would not work. I removed the valve but could not free the valve. The freezing must have jammed the parts inside.

A new one cost about $150 but simple to fit and all came good again.

Removal and fitting was quite simple and easy in my case.

Hope you sort it out

Alan
AnswerID: 588314

Reply By: Kiwi1 - Friday, Jan 16, 2015 at 03:44

Friday, Jan 16, 2015 at 03:44
Capital Caravans replaced a fridge for me and seemed pretty good people. Just out of Tamworth at Nemingha. Phone is 6760 5677
AnswerID: 588315

Follow Up By: Flex Track - Monday, Jan 19, 2015 at 22:33

Monday, Jan 19, 2015 at 22:33
BT dispatched replacement pressure reduction valve to my home address and it was waiting for me when we arrived back in Brisbane. I fitted it without too much hassle and problem solved. My next action was to complete the task of fitting the connections to my newly acquired filter system BEFORE filling the tanks. Prevention is always better than cure.
Thanks to all for your responses.
regards

John
FollowupID: 856348

Our Sponsors