Air suspension

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 07, 2015 at 04:04
ThreadID: 129670 Views:4338 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
hi, has any body got a BT with the air bag over simplicity suspension.
How do you find iT handles
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: MiJule - Saturday, Feb 07, 2015 at 20:37

Saturday, Feb 07, 2015 at 20:37
Hi
We have air suspension on our BT. Just to clarify your description. The air suspension fitted to BT has nothing to do with simplicity suspension. There are commonalities as in both have a leading and a trailing link. The air suspension which is called Air Track 5000 and was deliberately designed to be retro fitted to the major load bearing cross member which supports the simplicity. In addition to that it requires an additional sub frame for the weight bearing airbags. Air Track 5000 was designed by Mr Bill Rowland who makes some chassis for BT. He also holds the patent. In terms of your original question about the handling, we could only describe the handling as superb. The van does move around a lot more than the cart spring model because the suspension actually works as a suspension. It is however, well controlled by the 8 large dampers fitted. The difference in performance is incomparable. Imagine your caravan suspended by some half filled balloons with the air suspension as opposed to it sitting on a pack of 8 or 10 massive undamped guitar strings. If I had a dollar for every fridge, airconditioner and electrical appliance damaged by the cart spring suspension I would be a very, very rich man. If you want more information to the costing, it's rather sensitive so send me a private message. Hope this helps.
Mike
AnswerID: 588368

Follow Up By: GoSeeAus - Saturday, Feb 07, 2015 at 21:27

Saturday, Feb 07, 2015 at 21:27
I agree with everything that Mike says, we towed ours across the gulf last winter into all the station like Seven Emus etc and it rides superbly
. The air suspension is definitely worth the extra money IMO.

Regards John
FollowupID: 856365

Reply By: Nordave - Sunday, Feb 08, 2015 at 00:59

Sunday, Feb 08, 2015 at 00:59
thanks for the answers.
AnswerID: 588369

Our Sponsors