Webasto Heater

Submitted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 05:13
ThreadID: 129781 Views:3025 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'ay. winter must be here, another heater problem. We have not used our Webasto for about six months. Kero has been placed in the tank with fresh diesel. When turned on we only receive cold air. As I keep turning the knob it gets to a point were the fan turns off but the green indicator light remains on. I have checked everything and all appears correct. I can hear the pump clicking so I am assuming that diesel is being pumped. I will check the fuel pump tomorrow but in the meantime any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks. Greg
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 07:30

Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 07:30
Maybe ambient temperature is above thermostat setting.
Is it blowing white vapor, if so it is not ignighting fuel.
If the lamp on the controller is steady green then unlikely to be a fault.
Turn it on full and leave it for a while.

Bob
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 588690

Reply By: Flavs - Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 07:40

Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 07:40
Hi Greg,
Disconnect the fuel line at the heater, under the guard at the rear. Check to see if fuel comes thru when you switch it on. If not check/clean the small inline filter, normally on the tank side of the pump. You may need to get a service kit to replace the glow plug, sensor and burner if it is beyond cleaning. Check the BOG Bible for a step by step pictured procedure under decoking.
Good luck.
Cheers
Noel
Noel & Denise
Website Manager
Life Member

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 588691

Reply By: Ron and sharon - Monday, Jun 08, 2015 at 07:31

Monday, Jun 08, 2015 at 07:31
Hi Greg. Had the same problem with my Webasto as well. climbed all over it to sort problem out.first off pull diesel line off just before the heater it self, then turn on to see if fuel is getting through.If not make sure line is clear from pump to heater.if ok, check that diesel is getting through line from Tank to pump. If it is and your pump is still ticking over but not delivering fuel, Then as i found with mine the Pump was buggered, it still made all the correct ticking noise as if it was working. I took it in to Bunderburg to Baron Gas for warranty work. they checked it all out as i did, then pulled it out and soaked it in a solution for a few hours but still would not pump fuel out. So replaced it with a new one. Im glad it was still under warranty as the new Pump was $500. Hopefully you will not have the same problem . Cheers Ron.
AnswerID: 588692

Our Sponsors