This was a photo test but wasn't able to

Submitted: Monday, Aug 03, 2015 at 15:08
ThreadID: 129849 Views:2583 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I wasn't able to reply to my own post, in fact a lot of the features are still inoperable. Yes we were told this could occur and to be patient, but I don't understand why a new site cannot have everything working before it becomes active, are we test bunny's? Isn't this the job of those that are paid to do the web site?

Also, Am I not able to insert a photo from my photo stream?

I only have the one choice and that's via a URL, that's not any good if you don't have the photo uploaded elsewhere on the net. Unnecessarily time consuming.

I notice it says to Disable Adverts become a member ... I am and have been for many years, I still see unwanted useless adverts.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Flavs - Monday, Aug 03, 2015 at 15:20

Monday, Aug 03, 2015 at 15:20
Hi Mick,
Thanks for your input. I will copy your comments and add to the "sticky" re photos, adds etc.

If you find other issues could you add these to the posts under "stick post" at the top.

Hope that VX is performing well.

Cheers
Noel
Vice-President BOG
Noel & Denise
Website Manager
Life Member

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 588812

Reply By: David @ ITBeyond - Monday, Aug 03, 2015 at 16:31

Monday, Aug 03, 2015 at 16:31
NIK 'N' OFF,

Yes that was an oops the forum reply and follow-up pages were set as Admin only. You guys are not test bunnies at all, just some initial switch on issues. We have added around 200,000 pages of content to the BOG system and there is a lot minor updates that need to be done.

The image updates should be 100% working across the board. Will add one here:
Building the Site

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 588814

Follow Up By: NIK `N` OFF - Monday, Aug 03, 2015 at 19:08

Monday, Aug 03, 2015 at 19:08
Try again, after writing a reply it dissapeared into cyber space.

I am using an IPad

When I try to upload a photo I touch the [insert images and files]
A pop up box appears, along the top is a brown box with [add photo and files] touching that does nothing.

I would expect touching it would then access my photo album to choose an image. It doesn't.

It does have the Embed Web Posted Image below but that is not what I'm trying to do.

Is it a tablet thing or am I doing it wrong?
FollowupID: 856610

Reply By: The Hob - Monday, Aug 03, 2015 at 17:26

Monday, Aug 03, 2015 at 17:26
Mick

I have loaded a photo from my hard drive of the computer (no URL required)

Alan
AnswerID: 588816

Our Sponsors