Searching for past information

Submitted: Friday, Aug 07, 2015 at 09:34
ThreadID: 129899 Views:7238 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I'm trying to locate posts on Mt Moffat - Caranavon NP. My grey matter thinks there have been numerous references over the last few years?

Searching the "Forum" the only reference is a 2006 muster comment.

Searching the "Destinations" - BOG Trek Notes & Places still hasn't provided helpful information.

We are thinking this area is looking good for us at the moment - (good weather over the next 7 days & great for exploration).

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Steve & Mary
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Flavs - Friday, Aug 07, 2015 at 12:28

Friday, Aug 07, 2015 at 12:28
Hi Steve & Mary
I searched "Carnarvon NP" (note different spelling) and got 2 threads; ID 128718 & ID 129388
I also searched "Mt Moffat" and got additional ID 122075 & ID 120536

Hope this helps Steve
Look forward to catching up at the Muster

Cheers
Noel
Vice President
Noel & Denise
Website Manager
Life Member

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 588966

Reply By: The Hob - Friday, Aug 07, 2015 at 13:00

Friday, Aug 07, 2015 at 13:00
Steve and Mary

We were in both those parks in May this year. What would you like to know?

Alan
AnswerID: 588969

Follow Up By: The Hob - Friday, Aug 07, 2015 at 13:34

Friday, Aug 07, 2015 at 13:34
We spent 3 days at Mt Moffatt. We went directly to Dargonelly Waterhole to camp. We had a permit before arriving and this camp is the closest to the entrace. It can be hard to find a perfect sunny spot for solar. Then we took the vehicle and went back down the road to do a chimneys etc. Can get a map at the info near the ranger station. We also drove up to the top (great views) andd went via Marlong Arch etc.
Anothe drive took us around to the Old Mt Moffatt station etc. Great country and drivesare diverse and the walks are not long yet interesting.

We left Mt Moffat and spent the next night at Injune showgrounds (pay at the info centre in town) Then the next day we went to Carnarvon NP.
Here you are not allowed to camp in the park and the monopoly is given to Takarakka Resort nearby where, while the campgrounds are nice the price is expensive ($40+) for powered site) We booked in ahead to ensure that we did not travel in there to find it booked out.

We stayed for 2 nights to minimise cost and did a long day walk up the gorge. Be sure to see Moss gardens and the amphitheatre.

Don't go near the place in rain and I wouldn't go in school holidays.

Great part of the country and we really enjoyed our visit, I had been before several times over many years. I would recommend both places as they are very different from each other.

Alan
FollowupID: 856788

Reply By: c u in oz - Friday, Aug 07, 2015 at 18:43

Friday, Aug 07, 2015 at 18:43
Thank you Noel. Much appreciated and have viewed those posts.

Thank you Alan. Ditto for us - we were thinking around the same route and time frames for each section. Great information.

By the time we get to Mullumbimby we hope to have a bit more colour to our skin from some nice sun shine.

Cheers

Steve & Mary
AnswerID: 588980

Reply By: Motherhen & Rooster - Friday, Aug 07, 2015 at 20:39

Friday, Aug 07, 2015 at 20:39
You may like to read my travelogues Steve and Mary - direct link to Mount Moffatt page Mount Moffatt in the Carnarvon National Park. Happy to answer further question also. Clicking on the 'bread crumb trail' will take you back to the start of the Carnarvon Gorge pages if you are interested in them all.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Follow our travelogues, bush camping and other travel hints at www.australiasomuchtosee.com

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 588986

Our Sponsors