Webasto fault

Submitted: Friday, Aug 14, 2015 at 20:40
ThreadID: 129992 Views:7139 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
2005 Build 18 ft BT. Webasto heater with two outlets into van- one in bathroom, one in main space.

The unit has been operating normally over recent nights, but tonight- quite cold, Duaringa Central Qld- and the unit is not running properly.

It starts initially, then slows down, with three slow then four fast flashes showing on the control knob. A search on this forum didn't bring up any suitable result. Searching the Webasto forum indicated possible premature flame detection, but didn't really offer a solution. Fuel level OK, and we have been on only sealed roads. The unit was serviced a couple of years ago, and has been functioning normally up until now.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, as our doona isn't very thick!

Bob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: NIK `N` OFF - Saturday, Aug 15, 2015 at 09:40

Saturday, Aug 15, 2015 at 09:40
Bob,

The 'fix' for four fast flashes is replace overheating sensor / control unit

http://techwebasto.com/redirect/academy_data/PC_Diag_Course/data/media/AT2000ST_Fault_Tables.pdf

My Webasto is in getting a new ECU fitted, it was interesting to watch the Technicians computer program hooked up to the Webasto and see it go through its start up etc, all the information was there before our eyes. Hope yours is an easy and inexpensive fix.

AnswerID: 589265

Follow Up By: Pixellator - Saturday, Aug 15, 2015 at 21:44

Saturday, Aug 15, 2015 at 21:44
Thanks Mick

I think it must have been a voltage issue, but after shutting the unit down for a while,it ran well overnight. Tonight it is running well again.
Probably a good idea to get the ECU checked out when I get home.

BTW, how goes the new VX?
I'm really happy with mine, we are just about back to Brisbane after an 11K round trip to the Kimberley... just in time for a slightly overdue first service at Nambour. Didn't miss a beat.

Cheers
Bob
FollowupID: 857108

Follow Up By: NIK `N` OFF - Sunday, Aug 16, 2015 at 00:06

Sunday, Aug 16, 2015 at 00:06
I was going to suggest to check the battery volts but the number of flashes didn't correspond, fingers crossed it continues to behave.

The Cruiser is going well after a rocky start, we had CV joint issues after having the GVM upgrade but it's all sorted now. Very pleased with the comfort and ease it tows the van.
FollowupID: 857115

Our Sponsors