proposed closure Mooloolaba Ocean Beach CP

Submitted: Friday, Sep 25, 2015 at 10:35
ThreadID: 130401 Views:6829 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
HELP! We come in hot and sweaty from the bush every year and this wonderful spot restores our sanity - now the Sunshine Coast Council in their wisdom wants to stop the vans.

I just signed the petition "Sunshine Coast Council: Save Mooloolaba Ocean Beach Caravan Park" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

The goal is to reach 2,500 signatures and more support is needed. You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://www.change.org/p/sunshine-coast-council-save-mooloolaba-ocean-beach-caravan-park?recruiter=391526886&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive

thanks - Ted
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Fugly - Saturday, Sep 26, 2015 at 21:34

Saturday, Sep 26, 2015 at 21:34
Put my 2 cents (sorry, should 5 cents now!!!)... looks like it will meet the 2,500 signatures.

Regards,

Craig Watson
Alias... Fugly
AnswerID: 590771

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Monday, Sep 28, 2015 at 18:01

Monday, Sep 28, 2015 at 18:01
Thanks for this Teddy. Too much of this goes on. Many councils have found out that closing down free or low cost parks, after being lobbied by the owners of local privately owned parks has cost the towns and their attendant businesses significant money - the tourist dollar.

Caravanner's just by-pass these towns and spend their $$$ elsewhere. This is no different. I would not be surprised, if at the end of the day, it gets re-zoned and flogged for many millions to a developer for high rise units or a hotel.

John
AnswerID: 590830

Our Sponsors