Fridge door seal.

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 03, 2016 at 12:30
ThreadID: 131266 Views:2573 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day, Happy New Year to everyone !
Getting our BT ready for next years trip, opps this years trip. Looking for advice on replacing our Coolmatic 190 fridge door seal. It has split in a number of places and the gaffa tap is just not enough anymore. Have spoken to the fridge door seal bloke on the Sunshine Coast. Unfortunately
the seal is built in. He suggested a new door, but these are no longer available to suit our 11 year old fridge. Has anybody ever had this problem,if so what solution did you come up with ?
Lawrie.
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Greatscot - Sunday, Jan 03, 2016 at 17:01

Sunday, Jan 03, 2016 at 17:01
Hi Lawrie,
I cut and pasted this response from a previous request from a BOG member" lesinperth" from Feb 2nd 2013.The response below was from bushtracker admin. Perhaps give them a call and see who they use.

Cheers

Ken

The Company that built that fridge cabinet, was a victim of the GFC and went Bankrupt a few years ago...

There are aftermarket fridge seal companies, I have used them before, and they come out and make you one out of generic rolls of the stuff..

Kind regards, Bushtracker
AnswerID: 594458

Reply By: Tracks n About - Tuesday, Jan 05, 2016 at 12:25

Tuesday, Jan 05, 2016 at 12:25
G'day Ken, I'll give BTi a call when they start back. I've tried searching for a solution on their site but couldn't find anything. The fridge seal bloke I've spoken to said that he had done a couple of Bushtracker fridge doors, but when they go off road with corrugations the seals let go. The present seals are built into the door, and all he could do was cut the old seals off and then glue new ones on. He did offer to sell me the seals for me to do the job myself, but he wouldn't do the work as he warranty's his work and with the others letting go he wouldn't take the chance.
Bit of a bugger,as I've only recently fitted a new compressor.
Lawrie.
AnswerID: 594499

Our Sponsors