Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 09, 2016 at 10:37
ThreadID: 131788 Views:3134 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Qld Mini Muster 2016 - Final Update

Only 7 days to go.

Don’t forget to vote before you leave home
Qld Local Government Elections 19-03-2016

WHAT TO BRING:

CASH – There is no credit card facilities at the park. All payments to park on arrival

Unwanted goods - for the buy sell swap or give away table

Camp ovens, gloves, trivet, cutting board, an old electric frypan or alfoil trays to place the heat beads in and camp oven on top

Membership cards (if needed can be used as name tags initially)

THINGS TO DO:

Kick back, put your feet up, relax and enjoy or take a drive to:

Gympie: (25km from C/park)

Museum Markets 20th March 7am - 12noon. Lake Alford Duck Ponds
Picnic or swim at Mothar Mountain Rockpools (possible tag a long on a hot day)
Gold Mining Museum at Lake Alford Duck Ponds
Woodworks Museum just north of Gympie

Tin Can Bay: (25km from C/park)

RSL community hall Markets Sat 19th March 8am - 12noon. Gympie Rd.
Dolphin Feeding 7.30am-8am daily at boat ramp Norman Point
Fishing charters to Fraser Island. Ferry cruising PH. 0428 838 836
Golf and Bowls at Tin Can Bay Country Club

Rainbow Beach: (45km from C/park)

4WD or hike along the beach to the Lighthouse at Double Island Point
Visit Carlo Sand Blow and coloured sands just east of Rainbow Beach
Take a drive to Inskip Point and if you’re feeling adventurous a barge trip over to Fraser Island

SPONSORS:

Sound In Motion –Arrival 9.30AM-10AM. Sat 19.03.2016. Troubleshooting, retrofitting, Whats available. (email queries to Lance or Greg beforehand)

Performax – Will bring along the latest Chev for inspection and questions

ACTIVITIES / INFORMATION SESSIONS / DEMONSTRATIONS:

History of the BOG (Wed 16th 3pm at the welcome afternoon tea. Bring a small plate) Timing for all other activities & sessions will be discussed then. Anyone wishing to do a presentation on a particular topic please feel free to give me a call.

Q & A. Ask a question about a problem: hopefully someone in the group will have an answer. Pass on problems to be avoided, lessons learned, exchange ideas & tips.

Repairing corrosion between the black bumper strip and the external wall cladding where it meets the checkerplate.

DVD on Chainsaw operation and maintenance

Storm proofing your Aussie Traveller awning

Dust proofing your BT for outback travel

Tips and hints on using heat beads with camp ovens then cooking a simple dish for morning or afternoon tea (sausage rolls and rocket and feta rolls) A bit of fun

A movie night if there is enough interest and if I can get the projector working

FACILITIES at the park & surrounding area:

Hot showers, toilets, camp kitchen, fire pit, dump point, plenty of walking space and a Tea Gardens / Hotel within 3 km for meals, coffee, entertainment etc.
Phones and TV can be unreliable depending on where you are in the park, so bring a sat dish if you want to watch that favourite show

CATERED DINNER: (byo drinks, cutlery & plates)

“If required” cooked on-site by the park owners. All profit goes to Push for the Bush. As a group, we can choose one from the following selections:
Camp oven stew and damper $10 pp Meat pies and veges $10 pp
Roast and veges $15 pp or $20 pp with dessert (Golden Syrup Dumplings)
Corn meat and white sauce ? or Ham and salads?

Visitors Attending: Please contact Lance to arrange a time and place to meet.

Lance 0400 953 826 Greg 0439 867 927

If you haven't already registered then go to the muster tab and put your name down.
It will be a good opportunity for members who have never attended a muster to meet others and learn a little about the club in a relaxed friendly environment.

See you there
Lance

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DnGsTracker - Friday, Mar 11, 2016 at 11:46

Friday, Mar 11, 2016 at 11:46
Hi Lance
Is it possible to have someone document or maybe video the segment on "Repairing corrosion between the black bumper strip and the external wall cladding" and post it on the BOG Bible?
I'm sure there are a lot of people interested in how to do this repair correctly and are not able to attend the muster.
Cheers
Glen
AnswerID: 597241

Follow Up By: BushBoss - Friday, Mar 11, 2016 at 14:26

Friday, Mar 11, 2016 at 14:26
Hi Glen
I believe that there is already a document in the Bog Bible. It was originally submitted by Mick (Nik 'N' Off).
However if a member has a query in regard to this maintenance procedure then I would be only to happy to assist.

Regards
Lance
FollowupID: 866266

Follow Up By: DnGsTracker - Friday, Mar 11, 2016 at 17:16

Friday, Mar 11, 2016 at 17:16
Hi Lance

I have seen the instruction in the BOG Bible but I was thinking it might be a good time to get a few photos to add to the description.

Thank you

Glen
FollowupID: 866277

Follow Up By: NIK `N` OFF - Friday, Mar 11, 2016 at 19:21

Friday, Mar 11, 2016 at 19:21
If anyone has any questions not covered I'm happy to be contacted by member message, phone or email.

FollowupID: 866281

Our Sponsors