"WTF"

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 09:54
ThreadID: 135424 Views:4432 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Have just been reading some of the comments on the "lemon caravans" australia web site. It would appear that the only van NOT MENTIONED is our beloved B/T. Although, we have bought second hand on both occasions. We have had a dream run, with no problems. Despite, the type of terrain we have travelled. "YE HA"
Cheers
Spydor & Robyn
Spydor
Everybody makes me happy! Some when they arrive, Some when they leave !!

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Maximus - Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 10:25

Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 10:25
Spydor

Could not get into their Facebook site where I assume " names will be named".
I don't have a Facebook.
I guess there is a long list of so called off-roaders listed?
One I noticed on a truck who an acquaintance bought.. actually 2.. complete disasters!!!
Hear you made contact with some Dunsborough friends of ours!!
Cheers
AnswerID: 613182

Follow Up By: Spydor - Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 10:58

Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 10:58
Yes Barrie. Several of the 'new breed" of off roaders are mentioned. In fact, friends of ours bought a particular brand and on their first trip had major problems. There must be no quality control at the factory. Apart from the serious problems. Believe it or not, ALL the clearance lights on the van were fitted backwards. "ie" red facing forward and amber facing back. How the hell did it pass registration?
Cheers
Spydor & Robyn
Spydor

FollowupID: 883569

Reply By: Theywent Thataway - Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 18:05

Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 18:05
There has actually just beeen in the last day or so a comment made about water leaks and apparently no customer service. I personally doubt the validity considering our experience and that of everyone we have spoken to.

Dave.
the scruB ark...on The Way

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Fiamma Carry Bike for sale

AnswerID: 613187

Reply By: NIK `N` OFF - Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 20:31

Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 20:31
I have met a few disgruntled BT owners in our travels, some would have killed a centurion tank, some have just had bad luck. I don't bother with the lemon site.

Hope your both well Spydor & Robyn.
AnswerID: 613190

Follow Up By: Spydor - Sunday, Aug 20, 2017 at 09:56

Sunday, Aug 20, 2017 at 09:56
I tend to agree with you in regard to the majority of comments on the lemon site. There seems to be people making a "mountain out of a molehill". But as i stated, How could a simple mistake like the clearance light situation on our friends new van passed rego? They are now worried about what else was installed incorrectly. electrical wiring "etc". Considering the 80k spent they do not have COMPLETE confidence in the van. This obviously makes travelling in remote areas a little more stressful. Especially from the wife !!!
Cheers
Spydor & Robyn
Spydor

FollowupID: 883584

Follow Up By: NIK `N` OFF - Sunday, Aug 20, 2017 at 11:01

Sunday, Aug 20, 2017 at 11:01
Your friends will build confidence the more they use it.

we have a family member with a JB Scorpion and friends are on their 2nd Lotus Freelander both have had minor issues that have been easily fixed.

We love our van but under no illusion that it's the only van that's capable of travelling off road.
FollowupID: 883588

Follow Up By: Roachie - Sunday, Aug 20, 2017 at 12:28

Sunday, Aug 20, 2017 at 12:28
Pretty sure that manufacturers do not actually take every caravan they build to be inspected for rego purposes. They have some sort of exemption....in the same way that new cars don't have to be inspected for rego.

So, they have to self-inspect.....which is pretty obvious that nobody bothered to do if the clearance lights are all installed by the school kid doing "work experience".

Bill
FollowupID: 883590

Our Sponsors