Boat Trailer Mounting

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 15, 2018 at 13:00
ThreadID: 136409 Views:4471 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

Have just purchased a boat motor and trailer to complete our touring package! I am looking at having the boat motor on a slide into the front cargo area and to balance weight I would like to install the trailer (Real Ezy Barcoo) on the rear of the van.

I have seen some pictures of the same trailer mounted up above the rear cutaway and tail lights, however our van is a rear bunk van and this would interfere with the rear windows. Has anyone mounted a boat trailer in the rear cutaway area? If so would like to see some pictures of how its been done.

Thanks
Justin
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Spydor - Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 10:20

Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 10:20
Hi, For what it is worth, I would not put anything that runs on petrol inside the van. It doesn't matter how much you try to wrap it to keep out the smell of fuel. It will permeate the interior. My outboard is mounted on a rear swing out tyre carrier on the cruiser. I have also seen them on the drawbar of the B/T.
Cheers
Spydor & Robyn
Spydor
Everybody makes me happy! Some when they arrive, Some when they leave !!

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 617663

Follow Up By: Bow & Nan - Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 11:36

Sunday, Mar 18, 2018 at 11:36
Best place for a outboard motor is in the back of a Ute with a canopy to protect it from the dust. .
FollowupID: 889385

Reply By: Spydor - Monday, Mar 19, 2018 at 09:35

Monday, Mar 19, 2018 at 09:35
Your'e right, Dust can be a problem. We had a canvas cover made for our 15 h/p outboard, and despite being on the rear of the cruiser over a lot of tracks with fine "bulldust". the motor comes out relatively dust free.
Cheers
Spydor
Everybody makes me happy! Some when they arrive, Some when they leave !!

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 617686

Reply By: Flex Track - Friday, Mar 30, 2018 at 13:56

Friday, Mar 30, 2018 at 13:56
Hi Justin,

I have a Barcoo Folding Boat trailer which I carry on a bar manufactured by Rob Shawyer at Maclean NSW. Rob also made an outboard bracket to carry the 15 hp Outboard on the A-Frame. I fit a full length cover to the outboard to minimise dust ingestion. Using an Aussie Jockstrap winch, I can load both the boat trailer and the outboard without any lifting. Photos Attached.
regards

John

AnswerID: 617928

Our Sponsors