Awning

Submitted: Thursday, May 03, 2018 at 11:03
ThreadID: 136640 Views:3261 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Our Bushtracker has a Aussie Traveller Coolabah awning and we intend replacing it with an awning that is easier to use. Is the old one easy to remove and we would like recommendations on a new replacement.Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: wylaway - Thursday, May 03, 2018 at 12:36

Thursday, May 03, 2018 at 12:36
Peter

It is quite straight forward to remove. I replaced mine about 6 months ago by removing it myself but had the new one installed professionally. I set up 2 ladders either ends with a plank between to work from. Now this is from memory;

1. remove the plastic end plates
2. remove the right angled steel plate that holds the top cover on by drilling out the 2 rivets
3. drill out all the rivets holding the top cover on
4. remove the cover being careful not to let the awning roll out
5. lower the canvas awning to the ground
6. remove the tray the awning was sitting on. Not sure want was holding that on, but a couple of small bolts may be involved
7. at this point I think all that is left is an aluminium right angle strip that runs the full length of the awning. I left this in place as it provides water protection for that area
8. seal any open rivet holes with a silicone compound
9. clean off all the silicone left from the original awning
10. your ready for the new installation

We replaced ours with a manual Aussie Traveller’s Sunburst awning and also purchased the anti-flap kit and have been quite happy with the setup. I think Bushtracker are currently installing the manual and electric A&E Awning’s

Hope this helps

Peter
AnswerID: 618652

Our Sponsors