interior chairs

Submitted: Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 07:43
ThreadID: 122098 Views:3930 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just at the planning stage for our new 21ft BT. I know I will really miss my comfy recliner chair at home and wonder how the individual chairs fit in as compared to the cafe or Lshaped diners. Do they take up too much room and where do you get them.
I imagine if we have visitors we could bring in folding chairs if there was room.
Would appreciate any feedback.
Regards, Maureen
You can take a Bushtracker anywhere

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 20:35

Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 20:35
From my personal prospective, I think that they take up too much room and unless you intend to live in your caravan full time then they are not warranted.
We find that we spend a great deal of time outside the van and if you have nice comfortable folding chairs for use under your annex or someone else's then they are better than having lounge chairs inside the van that don't get used for long periods anyway.

Some of the very big vans have them, but for my money space in the van can be better utilised by having the normal built in bench seats. It is amaising how quickly you will fill up all the cupboards in a 21ft van.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 566714

Reply By: Grumblebum & Dragon - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 10:14

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 10:14
Comfy recliners were also on our list in the planning stages of our 19 footer - good for the afternoon 'nanna naps' Unfortunately they do take up a lot of space and we eventually took the same decision as Noosa and got comfy upright/reclining outside chairs - top of the range Colemans - plus some foot stools. I think this was a good compromise.

Cheers GB and D
AnswerID: 566715

Reply By: Bonnidowns - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 20:30

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 20:30
We intend to do the same and have chairs that are a combination of office chair and lounge chair, there are many styles and prices at all big furniture stores. They are smaller (thinner) but big enough and leather covered. They do not fully recline so don't need to much space. We will use foot rests that can be pushed under table when travelling.
Regards Bonnidowns
AnswerID: 566716

Our Sponsors