minnie water

Submitted: Friday, Oct 27, 2006 at 07:10
ThreadID: 123007 Views:3713 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We want to do a short 2 week sortie early February and heard that Minnie Water near Grafton is a great place to pull up.

We prefer to bushcamp rather than stay in caravan parks so would appreciate any information on where to stay near the beach. Should we take the boat or is it just surf fishing in that area.We don't want to go too far from home in Kilcoy Qld as a grandchild is due end of Feb.

Cheers,
Maureen and David
You can take a Bushtracker anywhere

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tellem Bugrem - Friday, Oct 27, 2006 at 16:34

Friday, Oct 27, 2006 at 16:34
G'day Maureen and David,

We have stayed in the National Park Camping area just north of Minnie Water. It is right on the beach (walk through a row of trees/scrub), the sites are logged off and small, they supply green firewood (sawmill off-cuts) and there are pit toilets and drinking water. Typical NPWS, and the ranger will hit you for $6 vehicle + $5pp per night. Wouln't bother going again, and the CP in Minnie Water looked cramped and uninviting. In that area we prefer to stay at Corindi Beach Caravan Park where you can have a powered site, overlooking beach for about $15, and better still, an unpowered site, with the best view over the ocean and beaches....right on the headland. ($12 I think). Wouldn't bother with the tinnie in this area unless you go into Iluka...a nice CP on the river, a good rainforest walk, but the fees are >$24.
I believe Red Rock CP, just north of Corindi is also good. Don't even bother to go into Station Creek Campground, we did...took one look and drove back to Corindi. Don't know of any free camps in the area.

Have a pleasant holiday...........Rob & Liz
AnswerID: 569569

Reply By: Flipp'n Lorry - Friday, Oct 27, 2006 at 17:18

Friday, Oct 27, 2006 at 17:18
Another alternative, though a bit further south, is Booti Booti National Park about 20km south of Forster on Lakes Way. NOt really a bushcamp though, more civilised than your typical NP, very large grassy spot with some scattered trees, adjacent to 10km of continuous beach. Hot showers and flushing toilets, and they may even have BBQ's. No firewood. Camping fees.

If you go off season, you will probably have it all to yourselves.
AnswerID: 569570

Reply By: Taj Mah Tracker - Friday, Oct 27, 2006 at 21:18

Friday, Oct 27, 2006 at 21:18
Hi there,
We stayed at Minnie Waters in Sept, just before National Parks were going to increase the overnight fee to $7 pp pn. There are two 'bush' camping areas, the second one is only a few hundred metres further than the first and there was plenty of room. The first one was restricted as Rob said but in the second we left the 21' BT hitched.
Looked a great place but we only overnighted,
Cheers
Ian
AnswerID: 569571

Follow Up By: Kilcoy Yowies - Saturday, Oct 28, 2006 at 02:27

Saturday, Oct 28, 2006 at 02:27
Thanks to everyone who replied to our query re Mimmie Waters.We really appreciate reading about other Bushtracker owners' experiences and the places they have visited and look forward to sharing our own travel experiences at Minnie Water with you all.
Kind regards,
Maureen and David
You can take a Bushtracker anywhere

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 846489

Our Sponsors