low pressure gas barbeque

Submitted: Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 02:09
ThreadID: 124564 Views:4472 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I am intrested in using a barbeque from a bayonet fitting under the caravan
what I had hoped for was to use a 3 burner barbeque I currently have ,This does particular barbeque not use a regulator .I have been told that there is no regulator in the existing set up because there is a jet in the hose that converts the gas from high pressure to low pressure.Is there some way around this or do I need to buy a new barbeque to suit the bayonet style fitting on the caravan .If so what are my options, could some one please advise me of the way forward please
Kind Regards the Battler
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Cargra - Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 02:24

Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 02:24
G'day,

Sounds like you would have to remove the jet and rely on the regulator on the van system but I would make some enquiries at Barbeques Galore or similar without knowing exactly which system you have.

cheers graham
AnswerID: 574726

Reply By: Motley - Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 04:53

Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 04:53
We carry a Weber Q BBQ and it's great. You can use a hose with a bayonet fitting and rely on the regulator on the BT. We have grilled, roasted and done just about everything from breakfast to full meals for ourselves and up to 6 others. A great BBQ.

You can get a carry bag for the whole setup and because it's only 2 of us travelling, we carry it in the vehicle for easy access, even for lunch.
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 574727

Reply By: Bob & Chris - Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 18:35

Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 18:35
Hi Battler
I think we must be using the same sort of supply that Motley is.I fitted a flexible steel coated hose from the BT gas regulator to a Bayonet near the spare tyre fitting.Works great.Bob
AnswerID: 574728

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Mar 22, 2008 at 04:29

Saturday, Mar 22, 2008 at 04:29
Thanks for that ,are using a webber as well or a normal barbeque
Regards the battler
AnswerID: 574729

Follow Up By: Kilcoy Yowies - Saturday, Mar 22, 2008 at 08:00

Saturday, Mar 22, 2008 at 08:00
Like Motley we carry a Weber Q barbecue, and can't speak more highly of it. Not only have we used it for the usual bbq stuff but I have baked slices and even bread in it. Once you get used to using a Weber Q you will never look back. We use it for all our cooking while we travel and if I can I use it at home as often as possible.
Good luck, Maureen and David
You can take a Bushtracker anywhere

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 849559

Reply By: Innkeepers - Saturday, Mar 22, 2008 at 08:42

Saturday, Mar 22, 2008 at 08:42
Yep us too...we've seen all the BBQ's and we went for a Weber Q 220...with the temp guage and slightly higher domed lid.....we cook brekkies and dinners on it with ease...does great garlic breads and brekkie toast on the grill....done some magic roast pork and ripper craklin' too.....we have the flat plate that sits on the grill...great for eggs, tomatoes. onions and bubble and squeak and the like and the zip up carry bag with the handles and wheels means it slides in and out of the Krooza with ease....ours sits next to the Engel for obvious reasons.....chuckles.

The plates and grill are cast iron but all are coated with a ceramic coating that make cleaning so simple....10 out of 10 Weber.

We also line ours with alfoil before we cook and this makes cleaning so easy too.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Rick & Julie

AnswerID: 574730

Reply By: Peter & Leigh - Thursday, Mar 27, 2008 at 07:10

Thursday, Mar 27, 2008 at 07:10
Hi Battler,
We also use a Weber Baby Q. Have done for a number of years.
I have removed the change over valve from above the regulator.
I swap the hose manually as required between cylinders.
The spare cylinder has a plastic screw in plug which I remove to connect the BBQ.
The Weber is fitted with an extention hose of about 1.8m in length on a permanent basis. We use the same hose at home. No special fittings required and no leaks.
We cook roasts, whole chickens, corned meat etc no problem.
I made a trivet to lift the roasts about 15mm up off the plate to stop burning.
The Baby Q mounts on a alloy frame on the front corner of the van.
AnswerID: 574731

Our Sponsors