Free to Air TV

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 31, 2008 at 05:31
ThreadID: 125289 Views:3727 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just had a look at the following website recommended by someone in the know.
www.freeview.com.au
It looks very interesting and we would welcome comment from those members who are more tech than us.
Cheers,
David and Maureen
You can take a Bushtracker anywhere

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Flipp'n Lorry - Wednesday, Dec 31, 2008 at 06:48

Wednesday, Dec 31, 2008 at 06:48
I am not the expert you are after, but there have been minimal facts provided on Freeview so far to make an assessment on what it really it is - but plenty of gloss. My suspicion is that it is just a re-launching of digital TV. Yes, most of the majors will have an additional channel, but that is not really relevant if they simply broadcast the same show on all channels (as Prime does now).

Having said that, digital TV is certainly much better than analog and worth switching to if you have not done so already.
AnswerID: 576643

Reply By: Yogi and Muffin - Wednesday, Dec 31, 2008 at 21:10

Wednesday, Dec 31, 2008 at 21:10
The channel 10 network have already announced that they will be dedicating one standard definition channel and their High definition channel exclusively to world and local sport 24/7. It is to be called ONE.

For those who have Austar it would appear that paying extra for the sport channels may become a thing of the past.

However the restrictions that those of us with satellite TV on their BT's are currently experiencing ie: Impaja may still be with us and be a problem.

It remains to be seen.

regards,
Tony
Yogi & Muffin

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 576644

Reply By: gottabjoaken - Wednesday, Dec 31, 2008 at 22:50

Wednesday, Dec 31, 2008 at 22:50
Yes, the Freeview is only referring to terrestrial transmissions, not satellite.

they don't make that at all clear.

Ken
AnswerID: 576645

Our Sponsors