Tallebudgera Creek Tourist Park

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 20, 2011 at 18:30
ThreadID: 127155 Views:7816 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Warning: We booked and paid $110 -( $55 per night) for 2 nigths accomomadation. On the day at midday I rang and cancelled the booking. I was prepared to pay a cancellation feebut to my amazment I was told that I would not be refunded the money or given credit to use at a later date. Only kilometers away another park Palm Beach with similar facilites were charging $22 per night and they would refund the money or give credit. So I would like to warn people that might be considering staying there that if for some reason you have to cancel out then you will lose all your money. They ask for the full amount to be paid and not a deposit now I know why. They are greedy and they will not have my support and intend to warn others not to stay there.
Stella & Jack Voolstra

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: kenmarg - Friday, Jan 21, 2011 at 08:58

Friday, Jan 21, 2011 at 08:58
hi jack & stella. the best way to put a black mark on these greeedy people is to put a entry into badgers caravan park reports. regards. ken & margaret brown
AnswerID: 581898

Follow Up By: Cruisin' Twosome - Friday, Jan 21, 2011 at 18:45

Friday, Jan 21, 2011 at 18:45
Thanks Ken how do I do this as I feel particularly when this is a Council Park and I happen to live in this council then it really hurts. As you said they are greedy and in my opion have no right to do it, when they can easily re-rent the site. I was prepared to pay a cancellation fee but not loose the lot. Many Thnaks
Stella & Jack Voolstra

FollowupID: 853246

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, Jan 21, 2011 at 16:25

Friday, Jan 21, 2011 at 16:25
I know you don't want to hear this - we stay in the Gold Coast CPs a significant amount of time when no off-road.

The policies are clearly stated on their website:http://www.goldcoasttouristparks.com.au/terms-and-conditions.

Bookings require a $100 deposit; not the full amount. If you are only staying 1 or 2 days it would be the full amount.

I agree this is a very harsh policy.

I just checked the policy for the MelbourneBig4 Holiday Park where we stay for significant periods when in Melbourne. For off-peak reservations if you notify prior to 9am the day before you get your entire deposit less $20; HOWEVER, if after 9am on the day you are supposed to arrive you will lose your deposit.
AnswerID: 581899

Follow Up By: Cruisin' Twosome - Friday, Jan 21, 2011 at 18:51

Friday, Jan 21, 2011 at 18:51
Hi Jacki & Jay, No I didn't want to hear this, but the point is that I rang and made the booking and no mention of it was said to me, even when you are on hold to them and they go on about their policy there is no mention of it. So how was I to know not everyone book on the net I would say that the mojority would ring and book. Also as I said I expected and happy to pay a cancellation fee but not loose the lot. How can other privately owned parks in the area could charge $33 a day cheaper and their policy is that they would credit. This is a council park that I live in the Gold Coast Council which means that I am paying for this rip-off. Thanks for the tip-off about the Melbourne Big4 as now we will not book into that park either. If I was caught in a flood and could not get there then that still gives them the right to take my money even though it is beyond my control. No they are greedy and I will do everything in my power to stop others from expericing the same fate. Enjoy your travelling.
Stella & Jack Voolstra

FollowupID: 853247

Our Sponsors