Mullumbimby Muster

Submitted: Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 11:58
ThreadID: 130353 Views:2531 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Well the Muster is over and we would love to hear what people did ;- funny moments, laughter, friendships, places visited and activities.
As we were not able to be there, we would love to hear about it and see some pics if possible.

Cheers
Brad & Denise
Travelling in "Seymour and Wanda", to wander and see more.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dingley Deserters - Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 14:40

Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 14:40
Hi Brad & Denise, Sorry you couldn't make it to Mullumbimby. As per all the musters that we have attended the spit roast was sensational and the catered night was a laugh a minute with fantastic food supplied by the local CWA.
As always we left with many good memories having caught up with people we hadn't seen for a while as well as new friendships made.
Looking forward to next year at Winton.
Geoff & Peta.
Dingley Deserters

My Profile  Send Message
Classifieds: Cargo Barrier for 300 LC

AnswerID: 590546

Reply By: Trenty - Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 21:54

Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 21:54
Hi Brad and Denise, first let me say that your presence at the muster was very much missed. If positive comment is our yardstick then the Mullumbimby Muster was a resounding success. There was about 85 vans with 155 attendees (the number of people turning up at the last minute and joining/registering was amazing). More workshops than previously and well attended social activities kept everyone involved.

At the annual dinner I asked the first-timers to stand and the number truly amazed us all. Throughout the muster they were made welcome and in turn joined in most activities.

The success of the muster was due to the hard work of the committee and those who volunteered to help. I won't mention names for fear of omission but without their dedicated effort it just would not have been as successful.

At the AGM I thanked outgoing President Pam for her hard work and commitment over the last 4 years and provided the meeting with comment on the year ahead. There will be a stronger emphasis on mini musters in all states, open to all members and hopefully providing for those unable to attend Mullumbimby. The new website is still a work in progress and when launched in its final form will be a great asset to the membership. Also in the next 12 months the committee will review the constitution and recommend changes to the next AGM with respect to nominations for committee positions and a closing date that will give those unable to attend enhanced ability to vote by proxy ( it's their BOG too).

No doubt you will see photos and comments by others in due course, after the dust settles a little. In short a GREAT time was had by all. I look forward to seeing you at Winton next year.

Greg Trent
President
Trenty

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 590568

Follow Up By: Cruisin' Twosome - Wednesday, Sep 30, 2015 at 15:00

Wednesday, Sep 30, 2015 at 15:00
Hi Brad & Denise, we surely missed you, we left early as we had commited ourselves to help our friends in Winton during the week of the Outback Festival, but I am told it was a lovely meal. But another new event that was sponsered by the Batson Family, was a champagne breakfast at Brunswick Heads Surf Club. It was a lovely sunny morning and a team of hard workers cooked a mean breakfast of Bacon, Eggs, Saugages and toast, washed down with Champagne, Orange Juice, Tea & Coffee. The morning was also memorable for some as some of them went down to the beach and spotted some whales. Another excursion was a visit to a local Tea plantation, it was very interesting and enjoyed by the 40 + that went, some of us then went to small town on the river for morning tea and then some continue to a Art Gallery afterwards. So they were nice inculusions and worth thinking off in the future. As you are aware next year is Outback Winton, there is quite a bit here and the showgrounds are really good, we have been here for 10 days now and we return here just about every year to visit our friends who own a Pub. So it would be good if you are able to join us next year. Keep well and look forward to seeing you both again we missed you.
Stella & Jack Voolstra

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 858996

Our Sponsors