Long time member Philip Batson passed away yesterday morning

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 12, 2023 at 10:14
ThreadID: 146512 Views:262 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Most of the older BOG members would know Philip and Jenny Batson whose vehicle and caravan had CANNONBALL on the back because of all the charity bashes Phil did for charity.
After Philip had a stroke a few years ago they had to sell their tow vehicle and caravan as Phillip was no longer able to drive.

His brother Keith rang me yesterday to inform me that Philip passed away yesterday morning and

his funeral will be held in the Uniting Church, Dalley Street Mullumbimby at 2pm Thursday 16th of November.

Keith and Sue are not Facebook users so if you wish to contact them it will have to be by phone.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: focs18 - Monday, Nov 13, 2023 at 10:54

Monday, Nov 13, 2023 at 10:54
Sincere condolences to Jenny and to the extended Batson family.
Phil & Jenny joined the BOG in September 2004.
Phil was the instigator of the "Spit the Dummy" award which he conducted with style and great wit.

Many happy times shared.

RIP Phil.

Chris & Pam
Living Life to the Fullest in a BT
Membership Registrar - Pam

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 644716

Reply By: Cruisin' Twosome - Monday, Nov 13, 2023 at 15:46

Monday, Nov 13, 2023 at 15:46
A very sad time. Over the years we travelled with Phil & Jenny and our friendship was strong and cherished. Typical Phil he nicknamed me The Maltese Terrier due to my Maltese heritage. Jack was fondly named Friday and we are grateful for his endearment names. We will miss terribly but for his friendship for the last 18 years. RIP our friend I spat the dummy when we hear the sad news. You will always be in our thoughts and heart.
Stella & Jack Voolstra

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 644717

Our Sponsors